What is a tenancy agreement?
A tenancy agreement is a legally binding contract between a landlord and tenant that sets out the terms and conditions of the rental arrangement. It provides protection for both parties by clearly stating the rights and responsibilities of each.
Here are some key elements typically included in a tenancy agreement:
- Names of Parties: The full names of the landlord and tenant(s).
- Property Details: The address of the rental property.
- Term of Tenancy: The start and end date of the tenancy, or the notice period for a rolling tenancy.
- Rent: The amount of rent to be paid, when it’s due, and how it should be paid.
- Deposit: Details about the security deposit, including the amount and the terms for its return.
- Responsibilities: The duties of the landlord and tenant, such as who is responsible for repairs or maintenance.
- Rules: Any rules about pets, smoking, or other restrictions.
- Termination: The conditions under which the tenancy can be ended by either party.
In the UK, most residential tenancies are Assured Shorthold Tenancies (ASTs), which provide the tenant with a degree of security of tenure, while also providing the landlord with a guaranteed right to repossess the property at the end of the term.
It’s important for both landlords and tenants to thoroughly understand the terms of the tenancy agreement before signing. If any disputes arise during the tenancy, the agreement serves as a reference point that can help resolve issues.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Choosing a mortgage is an important financial decision and it’s easier with someone who’s on your side. We work as a whole of market mortgage broker so that you get the best possible choice of mortgages.
DRAKE MORTGAGES ARE EXPERT BUY TO LET MORTGAGE BROKERS
We are experienced whole of market brokers who can help you get a great holiday let mortgage.
We can also give you access to exclusive schemes and some specialist lenders who don’t deal direct with borrowers. Loans are available to individuals and SPV’s upto 75% and we can help with Scottish properties, mixed use, multi-lets and Airbnb.
Bridging loans are one of the most useful, multi-purpose, types of lending solutions available. You can get a bridging loan approved on almost any property for almost any reason. Great for auction purchases or snapping up a buy to let bargain.
And we can arrange them really fast.