Holiday Let Insurance

As a second homeowner, you will already know the importance of protecting your property wherever it is located. To ensure you are covered if the unexpected happens, choosing the right property insurance is essential.

Holiday let insurance is designed to protect your second home both inside and out and ensures your property is covered for unoccupied periods and while guests are staying.

Do I need holiday home insurance?

If you have a holiday home, standard insurance policies will typically not cover properties that are unoccupied for more than 30 days at a time.

Holiday home insurance is also tailored to the type of let and property you own.

Ordinary insurance is not enough to ensure your holiday let is covered. So choosing a specialised holiday let insurance policy is vital to protect it from risks such as burglary and accidental damage.

There are many other reasons you need to choose the right insurance product for your holiday home, including:

Cost-effective protection

While second home insurance and any additional cover options may increase the premium for protection, it is a cost-effective investment in the long term. The cost of property damage or any incidentals that occur while the property is unoccupied or let can run into the thousands, which may be a significant financial outlay to rectify.

With the right short term let insurance policy, you have peace of mind that the building and contents are covered. A comprehensive policy will also ensure that you are back to normal as quickly as possible and welcoming paying guests again.

What does holiday let insurance cover?

A holiday let home insurance policy from Intasure can be tailored to your cover requirements. As well as the all important building and contents cover, there are additional types of cover for extra peace of mind.

request a quote

Public liability insurance

Public liability insurance up to £5 million is included as standard protecting you from any legal issues that may occur during a let.

Loss of income

Loss of income cover will provide some compensation towards lost bookings if you experience cancellations because your property is unlettable due to an insurable event..

Accidental damage

Accidents happen, and when you have guests staying in your second home, they may not always be as considerate as they would in their own home.

Holiday let insurance

Why choose a policy from Intasure?

If you are now thinking about investing in this insurance, finding the right insurer is crucial. Intasure is a holiday letting insurance specialist, helping thousands of people across the UK protect their properties even while unoccupied or being let out.

request a quote

Support on-hand in emergencies

Out of hours emergencies can cause a great deal of stress.

With insurance cover from Intasure you have access to support and advice 24 hours a day. Emergency claims can be processed, and suggested contractors contacted to arrange help whenever you need it.

Flexible if your circumstances change

Many holiday homes are rented out for short periods of time.

However, if you decide to change the use for longer holiday lets or even choose to move into the property yourself for a while, changing your policy with Intasure is typically straightforward. For example, if you decide to switch your holiday rental to a six-month lease during the low season months to avoid standing empty, it is simple to make the switch (administration fees and an additional premium may apply).

Peace of mind

Whether you own one holiday home or several, managing a property portfolio can be challenging.

With comprehensive insurance from Intasure, you have extra peace of mind you are covered should anything happen to your holiday let with the back up of a major provider of specialist holiday cottage insurance.

Intasure provides holiday let insurance policies which are designed around the needs of UK landlords and combine locally tailored cover, with the reassurance of documents in English, and UK based customer service and support.

Choosing the right holiday let policy for your property

Insuring your holiday home is the best way to give you the ultimate peace of mind. Selecting the best policy for your property also ensures you are covered in most situations, and claiming is straightforward.

There are several factors to consider when insuring your home, including unoccupancy conditions, security requirements, and indemnity limits. It’s also important to ensure your property’s upkeep with regular maintenance to get the best deals on your second home insurance quote each year.

If you’d like to find out further information about insuring your holiday let, our specialist policy by Intasure is the perfect solution. Contact our team today to discuss your cover requirements and find the best policy to protect your property and investment.


If you have a holiday let mortgage and let your property for short term stays the insurance needs to match the use. 

Some of the benefits with Intasure holiday let landlord insurance are:


1 Step 1
reCaptcha v3
FormCraft - WordPress form builder

Quote Request

Please use the contact form to send us a few details and an insurance adviser will be in touch very soon.

All holiday home insurance cover and advice is provided by Intasure. Intasure ® is a trading name of Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered Office: Spectrum Building, 7th Floor, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT. Registered in Scotland. Company Number: SC108909.


Let us call you back.

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
The mortgage on our holiday let flat completed last week. Thank you both for your help with this, I appreciate all your efforts.


Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21
I am delighted to say that we finally completed on our new house on Friday. We just wanted to say thank you for your patience and such an efficient service, not to mention your skills in getting us such a great mortgage!


Bedford, Bedfordshire MK40
I wanted to express my sincere gratitude to you and the team at Drake for the exceptional service and attention to detail in helping secure mortgages for both of my children in the last three months. I have had numerous experiences with mortgage brokers, but none as good as you.

Duncan H

West Kingsdown
We had a fantastic experience with Drake Mortgages. My partner and I are first time buyers and both pretty clueless so it was really helpful to have Kerry Santucci explaining the different features of different mortgages and finding the best one for us. Thoroughly recommend her and the rest of the team at Drake Mortgages.

Mark Whitgift

I have enjoyed the benefits of extending my property portfolio with the advice from Norman Phillips and his team. I always trust their solutions and let them deliver the financial strategies needed.

Nicholas Thompson