HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
There is a huge selection of residential mortgage products available. Our job is to find the best mortgage that is the most suitable for you.
We’ll explain the different types of mortgage, what the repayments on your mortgage will be plus other related costs such as stamp duty and surveys.
Below are the main categories with some extra information explaining how our mortgage advisors can help you.
Whole of market
OUR residential MORTGAGE SERVICES
For borrowers who would like to change their mortgage lender without moving.
When remortgaging you can also borrow more money, change mortgage term and even repayment method. Remortgaging is a relatively simple process but we still provide a full mortgage advice service and aftercare including options for day one remortgages.remortgages
Why use a mortgage broker ?
Most people know that you can arrange a mortgage without using a mortgage broker. By doing this you would be dealing directly with the lender. This can work well for some but others, especially first-time buyers, may feel more comfortable with an adviser who understands what they need and can guide them through the mortgage process.
So what does a mortgage broker do?
FINDS YOU A MORTGAGE – This is perhaps a little simplistic but it is the main reason for using an independent mortgage broker. Your adviser will first need to understand all of your finances and your mortgage requirements. They can then begin to search through hundreds of different mortgage products and options to see which ones are available to you. Some of these will be from well known high street lenders but many will be from specialist lenders only accessible via a broker, giving you a wider choice.
This all takes quite a bit of time and a lot of knowledge. It’s time that you can spend doing other things because you are using a broker. Once a deal has been found your mortgage advisor will explain it to you and let you know why they have selected it over others.
HELPS WITH THE PAPERWORK – Again this seems like a simple task but don’t underestimate how long the mortgage application paperwork will take and what information should be provided to the lender. But your mortgage brokers work is not finished yet. They will liaise with the lender to obtain a mortgage offer and check that it is correct. They will also keep in contact with the solicitors and estate agents to be aware of the property chain and any deadlines that must be met.
- Independent mortgage brokers give you access to the widest range of mortgage deals available
- Mortgage brokers must be qualified and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to give mortgage advice
Can I just use a comparison website ?
A mortgage comparison website may be a good place to start if your circumstances are relatively simple. However these sites do not show all the mortgage deals and so you won’t see the full range of mortgages.
They also do not cope well with borrowers who have complex needs or who’s financial situation is not straightforward.
Remember that if you do apply via this type of website you will be dealing direct with a lender, without the support of a whole of market mortgage broker and their team.
OUR MORTGAGE CUSTOMER CARE CHARTER
TOTAL COMMITMENT TO YOU – OUR CUSTOMER
- We will aim to explain the service that we provide, along with the true cost, benefits & consequence of any product or service you buy from us.
- We will ask a number of questions that will enable us to fully understand your circumstances, needs & budget.
- Your personal information will always be treated in the strictest confidence.
- We will strive to make strong relationships with product & service providers to ensure they mirror our commitment to you.
- We will always explain paperwork to you in a way you understand & support our advice with timely, easy to comprehend documentation.
- Where we charge a fee for our services we promise that it will reasonable & justifiable.
- We will always give you the most suitable advice – even if it means losing your business to a competitor.
- All of our staff will be professional & courteous to you even if they are not directly involved in your business.
- About the Author
- More by this Author