How to choose a mortgage broker?
Having an expert mortgage broker on your side can make applying for a mortgage a breeze, when compared to doing it all yourself.
But how do you choose a mortgage broker?
Most people will start their search online but we would also recommend asking friends and family who have recently used a mortgage broker and had a good experience.
There are many aspects to consider but the main two should be:
- Ensure that the mortgage broker operates as a whole of market mortgage broker, so they are not restricted to just dealing with a handful of lenders
- Ensure the broker handling your case is experienced with your type of situation
The consumer organisation Which lists these key questions to ask a mortgage broker:
- Are you whole-of-market?
- Will you tell me about mortgages that are only available directly from lenders?
- What are your fees and charges?
- What is included in the service you offer? For example, will you handle all the admin and chase lenders?
- When will you be available – office hours only, or during evenings and weekends?
- Do you offer life insurance or mortgage protection insurance?
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Choosing a mortgage is an important financial decision and it’s easier with someone who’s on your side. We work as a whole of market mortgage broker so that you get the best possible choice of mortgages.
DRAKE MORTGAGES ARE EXPERT BUY TO LET MORTGAGE BROKERS
We are experienced whole of market brokers who can help you get a great holiday let mortgage.
We can also give you access to exclusive schemes and some specialist lenders who don’t deal direct with borrowers. Loans are available to individuals and SPV’s upto 75% and we can help with Scottish properties, mixed use, multi-lets and Airbnb.
Bridging loans are one of the most useful, multi-purpose, types of lending solutions available. You can get a bridging loan approved on almost any property for almost any reason. Great for auction purchases or snapping up a buy to let bargain.
And we can arrange them really fast.